UnsatisfiedLinkError because of an undefined symbol

Susanne Kaufmann

Hello,

i am trying to capture packets using JPCap, but I always get an error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/libjpcap.so:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/libjpcap.so: undefined symbol:
pcap_sendpacket

Pcap_sendpacket is defined in pcap.h, and libjpcap.so is compiled like
mentioned on the JPCap-site:
http://netresearch.ics.uci.edu/kfujii/jpcap/doc/install.html .

Perhaps someone can help me, or can give me a hint, how to fix this
problem.

Thx in advance,

Susi

Gordon Beaton

i am trying to capture packets using JPCap, but I always get an error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/libjpcap.so:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/libjpcap.so: undefined symbol:
pcap_sendpacket

Exactly when do you get the error, and what is the full text of the
error message?

Type "ldconfig -p | grep pcap", does it find libpcap.so?

If not, that means that either libpcap.so isn't installed, or it isn't
installed where it can be found at runtime by libjpcap.so. Either add
the directory containing libpcap.so to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or add it
to /etc/ld.so.conf and run "ldconfig".

If libpcap.so was found, then check that you have the version required
by libjpcap.

/gordon