    TTTTTT

    i wrote the code for the first part but not able proceed further.i.e
    how to print the above .

    sivasish, Aug 28, 2006

  2. sivasish

    David Squire Guest

    sivasish wrote:
    > hi any body can help me to write this program
    >
    > Q.prompt the user to enter two strins of dna.concatenate the two
    > strings of DNA by appending the second to the first using ".="
    > operator. print the two strings as concatenated and then print the
    > second string lined up over its copy at the end of the concatenated
    > strings. for example
    > input string are
    > AAAAAA
    > TTTTTT
    > print as AAAAAATTTTTT
    > TTTTTT
    >
    > i wrote the code for the first part but not able proceed further.i.e
    > how to print the above .

    Hmmm. Looks like you were on about 5/10 for you assignment, but should
    now be heading for 0/10 for cheating.

    David Squire, Aug 28, 2006

  3. sivasish

    sivasish Guest

    hi

    its nt like that . i am learning by my own without any tutor.so.. i
    need help. please help me out

    sivasish, Aug 28, 2006
  4. sivasish

    David Squire Guest

    Re: hi

    sivasish wrote:
    > its nt like that . i am learning by my own without any tutor.so.. i
    > need help. please help me out

    You need to start by helping yourself. First, learn how to use usenet.
    For a start:

    - Don't change the subject of a thread so that it has no relationship to
    its original subject
    - Quote context when you reply to a message (Your failure to do this,
    along with the change of subject meant that I had no idea what this
    message was about (until I remembered replying to you a little while ago
    - most people here would have had no chance)
    - Read the posting guidelines for this group (posted here twice a week)
    and follow them when posting here. Most importantly, show us your code,
    don't ask us to write it for you.

    DS

    David Squire, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Re: hi

    sivasish <> wrote:

    > please help me out

    OK.

    Here is some help:

    Put the subject of your article in the Subject of your article!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Aug 28, 2006
  6. sivasish <> wrote:

    > print the
    > second string lined up over its copy at the end of the concatenated
    > strings.

    perldoc -f printf

    Tad McClellan, Aug 28, 2006
  7. sivasish wrote:
    > hi any body can help me to write this program
    >
    > Q.prompt the user to enter two strins of dna.concatenate the two
    > strings of DNA by appending the second to the first using ".="
    > operator. print the two strings as concatenated and then print the
    > second string lined up over its copy at the end of the concatenated
    > strings. for example
    > input string are
    > AAAAAA
    > TTTTTT
    > print as AAAAAATTTTTT
    > TTTTTT
    >
    > i wrote the code for the first part but not able proceed further.i.e
    > how to print the above .

    use warnings;
    use strict;

    print 'Enter the first string: ';