    anybody suggest what's going on?

    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron Brennan, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Ron Brennan" <>
    writing in news::

    > Good evening,
    >
    > I'm using IE 6.
    >
    > I have a table that I want to postion in the top left cornor of the
    > page, without any page background showing around the edge.
    >
    > There is what seems to be a 1 or 2 pixel padding or border or margin
    > around the table, even though I've set the paddings, borders, and
    > margins to zero.
    >
    > It vaguely seems to me that there is a bug in IE regarding this issue.
    > Can anybody suggest what's going on?

    URL?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    http://www.quick-trader.com/welcomeTest.jsp

    Ron Brennan, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Ron Brennan

    Ron Brennan Guest

    Found It.

    I the enclosing table did not have cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 in the table
    tag, which when inserted gave me the table without the space at the top and
    left.

    Thank you for looking. I was looking myself for an hour and a half. Then
    after being around you knowledgeable folks for a few minutes, got inspired I
    guess.

    Ron Brennan, Mar 11, 2006
  5. Ron Brennan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Ron Brennan" <> wrote:

    > http://www.quick-trader.com/welcomeTest.jsp

    First, you surely need some margin or padding rather than getting
    rid of the slight that is there...

    The markup and css is generally bad and you need to examine much
    more than this small issue (it may well be quite clouded by
    larger ones). For a start, the color specs in the css are wrong,
    all have missing # ..., .tableHead { align: center } is not
    valid...

    At least stick some borders in to all the cells to provide more
    order...

    Too much wrong...

    --
    dorayme