Unwanted space at top and left cornor

Ron Brennan

Good evening,

I'm using IE 6.

I have a table that I want to postion in the top left cornor of the page,
without any page background showing around the edge.

There is what seems to be a 1 or 2 pixel padding or border or margin around
the table, even though I've set the paddings, borders, and margins to zero.

It vaguely seems to me that there is a bug in IE regarding this issue. Can
anybody suggest what's going on?

Thanks,
Ron

Adrienne Boswell

Good evening,

I'm using IE 6.

I have a table that I want to postion in the top left cornor of the
page, without any page background showing around the edge.

There is what seems to be a 1 or 2 pixel padding or border or margin
around the table, even though I've set the paddings, borders, and
margins to zero.

It vaguely seems to me that there is a bug in IE regarding this issue.
Can anybody suggest what's going on?

URL?

Ron Brennan

I the enclosing table did not have cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 in the table
tag, which when inserted gave me the table without the space at the top and
left.

Thank you for looking. I was looking myself for an hour and a half. Then
after being around you knowledgeable folks for a few minutes, got inspired I
guess.

dorayme

Ron Brennan said:

First, you surely need some margin or padding rather than getting
rid of the slight that is there...

The markup and css is generally bad and you need to examine much
more than this small issue (it may well be quite clouded by
larger ones). For a start, the color specs in the css are wrong,
all have missing # ..., .tableHead { align: center } is not
valid...

At least stick some borders in to all the cells to provide more
order...

Too much wrong...