Update DataTable in DataSet

SMG

Hi there,
We have a DataSet with one datatable with three columns and multiple
rows. [Each rows has a unique key]

1st Column : Unique Key
2nd Column : Value to Change
3rd Column : Value to Change

Based on some conditions I want to update the values of the 2nd and 3rd
column but want to keep the dataset intact.
It should just change the values.

I tried with first filtering the dataset with select method, but returns an
array of rows which is separate than my dataset.

I want to use the same dataset with the changed values.

Regards,
Shailesh

Guest

Hi SMG,

Try the following;

if you have an untyped dataset;
MyTable.Select("My Select Statement")[0]["MyColumn"] = MyValue;
if you have a typed dataset
lMyTable.FindByMyPrimaryColumn(MyColumnId).MyProperty = MyValue;

As far as I know, select statement does not return a copy, it returns a
reference to the row(s). So any change you make on these will affect the
dataset.

Hope this helps,

Ethem

SMG