Update the open word file in browser.

Guest

Hi,
I have opened the word file from database and display in web browser.
When i close the browser, i wan to update the changes into the database.
and i dont know how to achieve it.

I oni know when i upload the file, i need to use filefield control, but now
the situation is different. I cant automatically read the file location and
filename as the filefield input.

how to achieve it? any ideas?

ur help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Ocurnos

Marina

I don't think this is going to happen. You could stream down the file and
have it open in word on the user's machine (if they have word installed).
But then they would have to save the file to disk, use a file input control
to browse to the file they just saved, and hist a button to upload. Security
settings will prevent the browser from just uploading the data in the file
without any user interaction.

Mark Rae

how to achieve it? any ideas?

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but this is one of the types of
functionality for which SharePoint was specifically designed...