updating information to database

Discussion in 'HTML' started by navin, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. navin

    navin Guest

    Hi All,

    i have page which shows supplier information in a table format.

    Supplier Name Contact Email
    AAA xxxxx xxxxxxx

    In order to change or update information for the supplier, i want to
    display supplier name in the table cell as a link.

    so if user clicks on the link with the supplier name, it should take
    the user to another page (suplier update page) where it should display
    the supplier information in text boxes. if users wants they can then
    change information and update it into database.

    Could anyone please tell me how to do the abve.

    If anybody has any other idea to update the information in database,
    please share.

    Appreciate any ideas on this.

    thanks,

    Navin

    navin, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed navin <>
    writing in news::

    > Hi All,
    >
    > i have page which shows supplier information in a table format.
    >
    > Supplier Name Contact Email
    > AAA xxxxx xxxxxxx
    >
    > In order to change or update information for the supplier, i want to
    > display supplier name in the table cell as a link.
    >
    > so if user clicks on the link with the supplier name, it should take
    > the user to another page (suplier update page) where it should display
    > the supplier information in text boxes. if users wants they can then
    > change information and update it into database.
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me how to do the abve.
    >
    > If anybody has any other idea to update the information in database,
    > please share.
    >
    > Appreciate any ideas on this.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Navin

    What server side language do you have available? What database?

    What you would need to do is something like:

    You server side script would retrieve the list of suppliers from the
    database and generate the supplier id. Then the update page would look
    at the query string and retrieve and update the information for that
    supplier only. Be sure to do server side checking BEFORE updating the
    table (also check for SQL Injection).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services