Updating Label on a WebControl

Christian Filzwieser

Hy
I created a WebControl called StatusBar with a static function

public static void SetText(string text) { MyVariable = Text }

and on Page Load I set MyVariable to the Label in my WebControl.
On my Webform i load data form SqlServer into a grid and i want to set
the Recordcount in the Statusbar.

My Question:
Is there any way to refresh the StatusBar ???

Guest

Hi Christian,

you should not use a static method to display dynamic contents on a control.
What are you doing with the "MyVariable" in your code?

cu patrick

Christian Filzwieser

I set LABEL.Text = MyVariable to show the string on the StatusBar !!!

Greez The Filzmeister

Guest

Hi Christian,

use the same code in your property or method, and you will always have an
up-to-date Label:

public void SetString(string value)
{
if (LABEL != null) // this is not required when you call the method after
Init
LABEL.Text = value;
}