    them? or how do I get rid of them?
    granted its no big deal it's just clutter in the solution explorer.
    Phil.
    Phil Barber, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Phil,

    Removing .resx files should not cause any errors unless you specifically
    store some resource in them. What errors do you get?

    The following info is taking from
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/r...naspp/html/conversionissuesasp_net.asp#issue6
    Issue 6: Orphaned resx files
    Visual Studio .NET 2003 generated a resx (resource) file for Web forms and
    user controls. In general, users did not use them since they were
    auto-generated and could potentially overwrite user-added code.

    After conversion, these resx files are not deleted since the migration
    wizard is not sure if the user has added resources that need to be saved.

    How to fix
    Review the generated resx files and save user data to its own resource file.
    It is fine to combine this data into one resource file.

    Move the resource file to the special folders App_GlobalResources or
    App_LocalResources as appropriate so it is available to your Web
    application.

    After saving the user data in this way, delete the generated resx files from
    your Web project.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 27, 2006