Upgrading from Python 2.6.5 w.r.t. matplotlib/numpy?

Mark Lawrence

I'm like to go direct to Python 3.1 if possible, but if necessary I'll
happily use Python 2.7 as an interim measure. However I'm uncertain as
to the status of matplotlib and its dependency on numpy. I've tried
googling their development mailing lists but don't really understand
what the current situation is. Could somebody please recommend whether
I take the direct or indirect route to Python 3.1. FWIW I'm on Windows
Vista.

TIA.

Mark Lawrence.