    to appear on the form during the duration of the time the file is being
    uploaded to the server. how would I go about doing something like that on
    the same page? thanks

    Brian Henry, Mar 20, 2005

  2. You'll probably need a thick client of some kind, such as an ActiveX
    control.
    Here's a 3rd party control you could use to simplify things:
    http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-231.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 20, 2005

  3. Brian Henry

    Brian Henry Guest

    I've seen lots of sites do this with out activeX and we need this site to be
    cross browser compatable... ActiveX would completely ruin that.

    Brian Henry, Mar 20, 2005
  4. OK, well you can do it completely from the server side but it will be much
    more complex and might not look quite as slick.
    A 3rd party component can help out with this too:
    http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileup-131.aspx

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 20, 2005
  5. Brian Henry

    Brian Henry Guest