    Is there an easy way to do this?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 14, 2005

  2. tshad wrote:
    > Is there a way to use a custom button with the:
    >
    > <Input ID="MyFile" Type="File" RunAt="Server">?
    >
    > This gives you a generic button, but I would like to use my own button that
    > has the same style as the other buttons I've created.
    >
    > Is there an easy way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    A rather good in-depth discussion here. Check it out:

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Hi,

    The textbox and button control will come as a single component and you
    cannot change that. Even you cannot change the button's caption property from
    "Browse" to any other string. Because that is the standard File control.
    However you can apply styles to it and change the color, look, etc., In my
    opinion, if you really want to change, I suggest positioning a div element
    over the browse button by calculating the positions and hiding the browse
    button, and then you have to figure out, how to raise the click event for the
    browse button!

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJha2FzaC5ORVQ=?=, Jun 14, 2005
  4. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Craig Deelsnyder" <cdeelsny@NO_SPAM_4_MEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > tshad wrote:
    >> Is there a way to use a custom button with the:
    >>
    >> <Input ID="MyFile" Type="File" RunAt="Server">?
    >>
    >> This gives you a generic button, but I would like to use my own button
    >> that has the same style as the other buttons I've created.
    >>
    >> Is there an easy way to do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tom

    > A rather good in-depth discussion here. Check it out:
    >
    > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

    Good article.

    I think I will just use the button as done by the Browser and use a custom
    button to actually download the file.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 15, 2005