Upload file using custom button

tshad

Is there a way to use a custom button with the:

<Input ID="MyFile" Type="File" RunAt="Server">?

This gives you a generic button, but I would like to use my own button that
has the same style as the other buttons I've created.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Craig Deelsnyder

tshad said:
Is there a way to use a custom button with the:

<Input ID="MyFile" Type="File" RunAt="Server">?

This gives you a generic button, but I would like to use my own button that
has the same style as the other buttons I've created.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

A rather good in-depth discussion here. Check it out:

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

Guest

Hi,

The textbox and button control will come as a single component and you
cannot change that. Even you cannot change the button's caption property from
"Browse" to any other string. Because that is the standard File control.
However you can apply styles to it and change the color, look, etc., In my
opinion, if you really want to change, I suggest positioning a div element
over the browse button by calculating the positions and hiding the browse
button, and then you have to figure out, how to raise the click event for the
browse button!