uploading a jsp page

honourbholu

Hello,
My name is Bolu. Am a beginner in j2ee programming. I just learnt
about servlets and jsps and i can do some little coding. I have tried
lots of codes and run them on my server, they work just fine. The
application server am using is J2EE Application Server 1.4, is anyone
of u familiar with that? am still learning how to use Apache tomcat.
The problem i have is that when i run my jsp pages on the
localhost,they work just fine but i want to upload them and use them on
the internet, how can i do that?and specify website domain name instead
of localhost. ( The url i use on my localhost is:"
http://localhost:8080/<webcontext>/<jsppage> "). I have a website
already and i uploaded those pages using File Manager but they wont
work when i try them with jsps. Can u help me with this. Please mail me
at (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed).
Awaiting ur reply

Oliver Wong

honourbholu said:
[...]

First of all, the server on the Internet that you're uploading to... is
it running Apache tomcat (or some other application server)? Or is it only a
plain HTTP server?

- Oliver

honourbholu

When i built my first website, i was give a username and password to
access my control panel. if u want me to give u the username and pswd,i
will so u can check out if it supports apache tomcat. But it has Tomcat
option there. I always use J2ee application server to deploy my apps.
will it work with apache??
thanks

Oliver Wong

honourbholu said:
When i built my first website, i was give a username and password to
access my control panel. if u want me to give u the username and pswd,i
will so u can check out if it supports apache tomcat.

You should probably not offer to give your username and password to
anyone over the Internet, as they might immediately change your password to
something different, thus locking you out of your own account. I won't be
asking you for your username and password, so if you get someone pretending
to be me asking for that info, you'll know it's an impostor.
But it has Tomcat
option there. I always use J2ee application server to deploy my apps.
will it work with apache??
thanks

If I understand this question correctly, you're used to working with
"J2EE Application Server", but your host has a "Tomcat" option only. I don't
work with J2EE, so I don't know what compatibility issues you might have
between these two servers, but if Tomcat is "optional", have you checked to
make sure that this option is enabled? Try contacting your host for support.
You should be able to ask them to help you get started setting up or
configuring your server. If they're nice, you might even be able to convince
them to switch from Tomcat to the application server of your choice.

- Oliver