Urgent help needed for newbie

Joey Martin

I am less than a newbie with .net.

I am trying to manipulate some code that someone wrote for us so that we
can launch the site.

Basically, it's a search that hits our database.

They wrote an aspx page that has a form. When I start on that aspx page,
there is a right side navigation that is populated from a database
table. That works great, BUT,
I have another page that I created that POSTS some form variables to
that aspx page. When I POST to that aspx page, the left side hits the
database, but does not write the TEXT that should appear in the HREF. No
errors, just not populating.

Again-when I start on the default.aspx page, left-nav is fine. When I
post to default.aspx, the left-nav does not populate the TEXT data.

Here is the code for the NAV.

<asp:ListView ID="LstPopularSearches" runat="server"
DataSourceID="OdsTopSearches">
<LayoutTemplate>
<ul>
<li id="itemPlaceholder" runat="server"></li>
<li>Or</li>
</ul>
</LayoutTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<li>
<asp:HyperLink ID="LnkPopSearch" runat="server"
NavigateUrl='<%#
string.Format("popsearch.asp?catKeywords={0}&popCat={1}",
Eval("KeywordsList"), Eval("KeywordLabel")) %>'
Text='<%# Eval("KeywordLabel") %>'
Target="_blank">
</asp:HyperLink></li>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:ListView>

So, I see the URL string written and it looks good, but the TEXT does
not write.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Guest

So, I see the URL string written and it looks good, but the TEXT does
not write.

Do you see the link from the ListView?

popsearch.asp?catKeywords=xxx&popCat=yyy

Is "yyy" value there as well?