Urgent problem with session variables

Guest

I have transferred an application to a new development machine, and the same code that works fine in production and on my previous development machine, no longer works.

During login I create an instance of an AccessToken for the current user and store it in Session. The base class from which all pages in the WebApp derive cecks for the session variable if it is != null it loads the AccessToken as a private member. Within the page a check for this member is performed to determine how to react.

As I said on all other machines this works fine, but on the new one the AccessToken is built fine, it is successfully stored in Session, but when the next page loads the session variable is null. I have verified it is the same Session ID for each page.

So far I have tried:

Re-installing IIS
Re-installing .NET Framework 1.1
Re-Installing VS.NET

The machine is brand new with a completely new OS installation of Windows 2000 Server. All service packs and updates have been applied.

Help please, need to resolve this ASAP. Reply to my email address would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Hanson

Guest

Further to this, I have discovered that a new Session_Start is being triggered for each page request, and Session.IsNewSession is true

Tommy

Are you pages in a sub directory? If so, make sure the sub directory
is not created as an application. Otherwise ASP.NET will create a new
session boundary for all the resource in the sub directory.

Tommy,

Andy Mortimer [MS]

You might want to check to see that the aspnet process is not recycling for
some reason?

Andy Mortimer [MS]
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"