"uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Jane D., Jul 27, 2009.

  1. Jane D.

    Jane D. Guest

    Hi,

    I have some code which I need to implement, from a third party, but
    seem to be getting stuck with the following error:

    "uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module

    All the modules are installed, and the line which fails is as follows:

    use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape_utf8);

    The code which needs this is below:

    # URI escape only the characters that should be escaped, according to
    RFC 3986
    sub escape
    {
    my ($self, $x) = @_;
    return uri_escape_utf8($x, +kUriEscapeRegex);
    }

    Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Jane
    Jane D., Jul 27, 2009

  2. Jane D. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some code which I need to implement, from a third party, but
    > seem to be getting stuck with the following error:
    >
    > "uri_escape_utf8" is not exported by the URI::Escape module
    >
    > All the modules are installed, and the line which fails is as follows:
    >
    > use URI::Escape qw(uri_escape_utf8);
    >

    > The code which needs this is below:
    >
    > # URI escape only the characters that should be escaped, according to
    > RFC 3986
    > sub escape
    > {
    > my ($self, $x) = @_;
    > return uri_escape_utf8($x, +kUriEscapeRegex);
    > }
    >

    > Any assistance greatly appreciated.

    That's the sort of error message I get on a machine with an *old*
    version of the URI::Escape module.

    I'd check which version is installed and, if needed, install the latest
    version of URI::Escape using cpan, ppm or whatever package manager your
    Perl installation uses.

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Jul 27, 2009

  3. Jane D.

    Jane D. Guest

    Thanks RGB ... I did upgrade to a more recent version of the Escape
    module, and it worked fine.

    Thanks again!
    Jane D., Jul 28, 2009