URL adding and removing items

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Chris, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Using javascript is there a way that when I click on a link it'll add
    something to the URL and then if I click on a similar item it'll
    remove what was added and add the next item so they don't conflict.
    What I have is a database that can be called from the url and I'm able
    to add filters. Like field1="san jose" and then the user can later
    choose field1="cupertino". But something like field1="san
    jose"&field2="cupertino" would result in no matches since both cities
    don't exist in the same record.

    This is what I have, I currently have js modify the date otherwise
    everything else is static
    http://www.domain.com/csv/csvread.cgi?mytemplate=tp4&type=RD&order_by=SORTORDER&date2>=2007-12-02

    This is what I want
    http://www.domain.com/csv/csvread.cgi?mytemplate=tp4&type=RD&order_by=SORTORDER&date2>=2007-12-02&field1="san
    jose"

    Thanks for any help,
    Chris

    Chris, Jan 17, 2008

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > jose"&field2="cupertino" would result in no matches since both cities

    that field2 should of been field1

    Chris, Jan 17, 2008