URL adding and removing items

Chris

Using javascript is there a way that when I click on a link it'll add
something to the URL and then if I click on a similar item it'll
remove what was added and add the next item so they don't conflict.
What I have is a database that can be called from the url and I'm able
to add filters. Like field1="san jose" and then the user can later
choose field1="cupertino". But something like field1="san
jose"&field2="cupertino" would result in no matches since both cities
don't exist in the same record.

This is what I have, I currently have js modify the date otherwise
everything else is static
http://www.domain.com/csv/csvread.cgi?mytemplate=tp4&type=RD&order_by=SORTORDER&date2>=2007-12-02

This is what I want
http://www.domain.com/csv/csvread.cgi?mytemplate=tp4&type=RD&order_by=SORTORDER&date2>=2007-12-02&field1="san
jose"

Thanks for any help,
Chris

Chris

jose"&field2="cupertino" would result in no matches since both cities

that field2 should of been field1