Urlreferrer. Called from client side

John Francisco Williams

Hi All,

I have a number of N applications with an address similar to
http://AnyURL/Page1.Aspx that call a page I'm working on, that has an
address similar to http://ADifferentURL/Page2.Aspx . "Page2.Aspx" is being
called from client code in "Page1.Aspx", by using a "window.open" command.
When I try to get the URLReferrer, to identify the caller, I get an empty
result. This doesn't happen if "Page2.Aspx" is called by a
Response.Redirect, for example, but I have no access at all to modify the
caller (Page1). I tried using "window.opener.name", on the client code for
Page2, but the string comes up empty. I also tried
"window.opener.document.nameOfObject", to read from objects that would allow
me to identify the referrer, but I get "Access denied".

What can I do on "Page2.Aspx" to identify the referrer? Remember I can't
change anything on the caller side (Page1.Aspx). I can only make changes on
"Page2.Aspx".

Thanks in advance for the help. Have a great day,

Frank

John Francisco Williams

Thank you. The problem is that I can't do nothing on the source side. I
don't have access to that. I am looking for a solution on the target side.
Anything I can do to identify who called Page2.Aspx

Thanks again,

Frank