USA time distance and map search script

Benny

Hi All,

In an application I write, I need to have some mapping service, where I can
select two locations, which shall calculate the distance and mainly the
time(could be approximate) to travel from one place to another. Is there any
ASP scripts or DLLs(APIs) provided or sold by any third party mapping
service?

Have anyone come across such requirments? Your experience and suggestions
will help me much.

Many thanks and Regards,
Benny

Benny

Thanks Adrienne.
I have done a restraunt search with zip code and longitude& latitude, But
not with mapping. (Click the locations in map and do the rest). Mapquest
provides that API, but do not know if that is customizable to my need.

I like your word problems example. You are right, many which we hate in
childhood will be used when we are grown up. :)

Benny
Macronimous.com
Web & PDA solutions!

larrybud2002

Benny said:
Hi All,

In an application I write, I need to have some mapping service, where I can
select two locations, which shall calculate the distance and mainly the
time(could be approximate) to travel from one place to another. Is there any
ASP scripts or DLLs(APIs) provided or sold by any third party mapping
service?

Have anyone come across such requirments? Your experience and suggestions
will help me much.

You can calculate a straight line distance using a zip code to
longtitude/latitude conversion. You probably will have to buy the
database.