    And then in A6 an awnser will appear, this awnser needs to be shown on the
    ASP.NET page.

    Is this possible? And how? (examples) And what serverside software do I need?

    jelle79, May 29, 2008

  2. There are products doing Excel calculations without Excel. Here is one of
    them:
    http://www.spreadsheetgear.com/support/samples/calcengine.aspx

    Google for Excel Calculation Engine for more.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 29, 2008

  3. jelle79

    jelle79 Guest

    jelle79, May 29, 2008
  4. jelle79

    jelle79 Guest

    Eliyahu,

    I'm not looking for an Excel-Calculation Engine, but a component to open a
    XLS-file and use this file in my ASP.NET page for the calculation.

    So a user uploads his XLS sheet, specifies what fields are used for input
    (A1:A5) en what field show the output after Excel has run a calculation.

    So I want something like this:

    ExcelObject e = new ExcelObject("C:\Path_to\My_worksheet.xls");
    e.setValue("A1", 1000);
    e.setValue("A2", 400);
    int result = e.getValue("A3"); // Content A3: =(A1/A2)

    Response.Write("Result = " + result); // = 2.5

    jelle79, May 29, 2008