Use Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data in a C# object.

bootman

Greetings,

Can someone please help me with the following? I am trying to compile
a C# object which contains a reference to the
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data library.

I have compiled the csproj file into a dll and it has been copied to
my applications' /bin folder, I then create a test.aspx file and
imported the library, the page loads fine, hence I assume it test.aspx
page can find the package.

However when I create a new C# object called Order.cs and I reference
the package with the "Using" keyword, I am unable to compile the
Order.cs file, it constantly returns the following message,

error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ApplicationBlocks' does not
exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an
assembly reference?)

So what I did next was to use the command "sn" and "gacutil" to create
a strong name which I then added to my Windows\assembly directory, I
have verified that the Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data is in the
assembly directory, however when I try to compile the Order.cs with
the "csc" command, I still receive the above message.

So the question is, what do I need to do to allow me to compile my
Order.cs file into an Order.dll file?

Thanks,
Keith.

lyndon hughey

Have you made sure that the application block .dll is actually included as
in the project. Is it listed as one of your references for the Orders
project?

Thanks,
Lyndon Hughey