Use of Javascipt as local scripting language.

Walter Banks

I would like to use html/javascript in some tools to manage a graphical
scripting system for some other development tools.

I am interested in advice and links to IDE html/javascript tools,
dynamic piping and how applications should be executed on a local
computer.

Many Thanks

Walter..

JR

Hi,
I am interested in advice and links to IDE html/javascript tools

Here are some tools: Windows Notepad, for masochist coders (laughs);
Dreamweaver CS4 (gives some clues and code hints); NetBeans (yes it's
a java tool but it helps a lot with javascript and even php), and at
last Aptana Studio (google for it).
dynamic piping
I don't know.
and how applications should be executed on a local
computer.
You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

Cheers,
Joao Rodrigues

Walter Banks

JR said:
You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

JR

Thanks for links.

I wasn't clear on the last question I am executing JScript
from windows and I would like to execute a *.exe
(or a .bat) file in a transparent way from html/javascript.
I know the security issues in a normal html/javascript
application. In my case I only need it to execute trusted
apps on the local computer.

I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
representation of what is happening would be useful .

Many thanks

walter..

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Walter said:
I would like to use html/javascript in some tools to manage a graphical
scripting system for some other development tools.

-v (please elaborate)
I am interested in advice and links to IDE html/javascript tools,

I have been using Eclipse SDK (now v3.4) with WST (several years) and JSDT
(recently). It might look a bit oversized at first but once you have come
to appreciate the number of plugins it has for virtually any
programming/markup language, size would not matter anymore. And it is free
software, available for several platforms, and for free.

dynamic piping

What do you mean by that?

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Walter said:
JR said:
You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

[...]
I wasn't clear on the last question I am executing JScript
from windows and I would like to execute a *.exe
(or a .bat) file in a transparent way from html/javascript.
I know the security issues in a normal html/javascript
application. In my case I only need it to execute trusted
apps on the local computer.

Trusted apps are those that you are allowing the user to run that is running
the script (i.e., the browser). That is beyond the scope of client-side
scripting. In order to run *.exe and *.bat files on Windows systems you
should read on the Windows Script Host (WSH) as João already suggested. It
isn't that hard to find:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=WSH> eventually brings you to
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx> and
I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
representation of what is happening would be useful .

You don't need to run external applications for that. There is SVG and
there is Microsoft VRML. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

PointedEars

Walter Banks

Thomas said:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=WSH> eventually brings you to
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx> and
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/98591fh7(en-us).aspx>
Thanks
I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
representation of what is happening would be useful .

You don't need to run external applications for that. There is SVG and
there is Microsoft VRML. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

My html/javascrite needs to call some windows apps. The links are useful
many thanks. I am getting up to speed to know what to ask google for.

w..

Walter Banks

Thomas said:
What do you mean by that?

I am effectively creating scripts for filters using
html/javascript to manage the changes and each
filter combination. The filter code in each case is
an application *.exe or *.bat file. Some of these
change based on a previous step hence dynamic
piping.

I know there are many approaches including
functional languages. This is a good way to
look at what I can do with javascript

w..

Gregor Kofler

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, you are fucked dickhead sucker, a fricking
cocksucker shit - you need learn JS documentation!

Gregor