    computer.

    Many Thanks

    Walter..

    Walter Banks, Feb 1, 2009

  2. Walter Banks

    JR Guest

    Hi,

    > I am interested in advice and links to IDE html/javascript tools

    Here are some tools: Windows Notepad, for masochist coders (laughs);
    Dreamweaver CS4 (gives some clues and code hints); NetBeans (yes it's
    a java tool but it helps a lot with javascript and even php), and at
    last Aptana Studio (google for it).

    > dynamic piping

    I don't know.

    > and how applications should be executed on a local
    > computer.

    You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
    execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

    Cheers,
    Joao Rodrigues

    JR, Feb 2, 2009

  3. Walter Banks

    Walter Banks Guest

    JR wrote:

    > > and how applications should be executed on a local
    > > computer.

    > You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
    > execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

    JR

    Thanks for links.

    I wasn't clear on the last question I am executing JScript
    from windows and I would like to execute a *.exe
    (or a .bat) file in a transparent way from html/javascript.
    I know the security issues in a normal html/javascript
    application. In my case I only need it to execute trusted
    apps on the local computer.

    I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
    representation of what is happening would be useful .

    Many thanks

    walter..

    Walter Banks, Feb 2, 2009
  4. Walter Banks wrote:
    > I would like to use html/javascript in some tools to manage a graphical
    > scripting system for some other development tools.

    -v (please elaborate)

    > I am interested in advice and links to IDE html/javascript tools,

    I have been using Eclipse SDK (now v3.4) with WST (several years) and JSDT
    (recently). It might look a bit oversized at first but once you have come
    to appreciate the number of plugins it has for virtually any
    programming/markup language, size would not matter anymore. And it is free
    software, available for several platforms, and for free.

    <http://www.eclipse.org/>

    > dynamic piping

    What do you mean by that?

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Feb 2, 2009
  5. Walter Banks wrote:
    > JR wrote:
    >>> and how applications should be executed on a local
    >>> computer.

    >> You just need a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera). But you can
    >> execute JScript in Windows with WSH if you like.

    > [...]
    > I wasn't clear on the last question I am executing JScript
    > from windows and I would like to execute a *.exe
    > (or a .bat) file in a transparent way from html/javascript.
    > I know the security issues in a normal html/javascript
    > application. In my case I only need it to execute trusted
    > apps on the local computer.

    Trusted apps are those that you are allowing the user to run that is running
    the script (i.e., the browser). That is beyond the scope of client-side
    scripting. In order to run *.exe and *.bat files on Windows systems you
    should read on the Windows Script Host (WSH) as João already suggested. It
    isn't that hard to find:

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=WSH> eventually brings you to
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx> and
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/98591fh7(en-us).aspx>

    > I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
    > representation of what is happening would be useful .

    You don't need to run external applications for that. There is SVG and
    there is Microsoft VRML. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Feb 2, 2009
  6. Walter Banks

    Walter Banks Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    > <http://www.google.com/search?q=WSH> eventually brings you to
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx> and
    > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/98591fh7(en-us).aspx>

    Thanks

    > > I have a fairly complex work flow and a local graphic
    > > representation of what is happening would be useful .

    > You don't need to run external applications for that. There is SVG and
    > there is Microsoft VRML. Google is your friend. [psf 6.1]

    My html/javascrite needs to call some windows apps. The links are useful
    many thanks. I am getting up to speed to know what to ask google for.

    w..

    Walter Banks, Feb 2, 2009
  7. Walter Banks

    Walter Banks Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    > > dynamic piping

    > What do you mean by that?

    I am effectively creating scripts for filters using
    html/javascript to manage the changes and each
    filter combination. The filter code in each case is
    an application *.exe or *.bat file. Some of these
    change based on a previous step hence dynamic
    piping.

    I know there are many approaches including
    functional languages. This is a good way to
    look at what I can do with javascript

    w..

    Walter Banks, Feb 2, 2009
  8. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, you are fucked dickhead sucker, a fricking
    cocksucker shit - you need learn JS documentation!

    Gregor

    Gregor Kofler, Feb 3, 2009