Use of XML in web application

dbmaster1443

I am new to XML as far as its actual usage in application is concern.
My client has asked me to make use of XML in his project. At present my
proposal is based on 3-tier architecture.In this proposal , application
front end talks to database using java based business logic. In other
words it is simple insert, retrieval and updating of data in database.
I am stuck up with the use of XML. My queries related to use of XML are
as follows.
(1)Shall I insert the data in XML file instead of database? If so will
I have to create Individual XML files for each record or i have to keep
append a single XML file? There are 42000 records. Whether 42000 unique
XML files or single file of size close to 30-35 MB, in both cases
performance will get hit. Am I right?
(2)Where shall I store XML file, in file system (C or d drive) or in
database directly as a Blob?
What advantage will I get if i ditch my proposed architecture and adopt
XML based system?

John Snow

Joe Kesselman

Ask the customer for more information about what they want to do with
the XML; that will guide you in where you want to use it. (One hopes
that they do have some specific idea, rather than just wanting the
buzzword.)