User Authentication method of asp.net. is my choice right?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Benny Ng, Sep 18, 2005.

  1. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    Hi,all,
    Is many developers used the intrinsic forms authentication to do the
    user authentication module?

    many likes this
    //.....
    "FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage( txtUsername.Text,
    chkRemember.Checked )"
    //......

    and this method seems as a standard method that to provided user
    authentication in many .NET books.And my application stored the username and
    password at the database.Is suitabled to used this "standard"? Or wrote
    another custom authentication better?

    Can anyone give me any suggestion about this?

    Thank you.

    Benny Ng

    Benny Ng, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Benny Ng

    Guest

    Yes this approach would be fine. You would want to do something like
    the following

    open connection to database
    execute query
    if valid credentials
    call RedirectFromLoginPage
    else
    return an error

    check out this <a
    href="http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/110701-1.2.shtml">article</a>
    from 4GuysFromRolla.com.

    -Darren Kopp

    , Sep 19, 2005

  3. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    Ok.Thanks.Then i goto checkout this article first.Hope can be get some
    suggestion from that.

    Benny Ng, Sep 19, 2005