    making a file where the stored usernames and passwords are kept and
    comparing that to what user types in?

    Many thanks
    Lucas Raab, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Lucas Raab

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Lucas Raab" <> writes:
    > I would like to be able to write a username/password authentication program
    > using the SHA or MD5 algorithms. How is the best way going about this and
    > making a file where the stored usernames and passwords are kept and
    > comparing that to what user types in?

    Umm. Be a little careful about this. Can you say more about the
    specific application?
    Paul Rubin, Nov 24, 2003

  3. According to Lucas Raab <>:
    > I would like to be able to write a username/password authentication program
    > using the SHA or MD5 algorithms. How is the best way going about this and
    > making a file where the stored usernames and passwords are kept and
    > comparing that to what user types in?

    Look at Zope's zpasswd.py. Remember to add salt; Zope's doesn't.

    --
    Ng Pheng Siong <>

    http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Manage Your Firewall Rulebase Changes
    http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- Open Source Python Crypto & SSL