User Control and Page IFragment Caching

syedsheeraz

Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a way to gain programmatic access
to the user control inside of a page after it has been cached? Let me
elaborate more by telling you what I am doing. I am using page
fragment caching to cache results of a search while the header is
dynamically loaded each time. So I have a page containing a user
control which contains my datagrid for displaying the results. The
user control has the outputcache directive VaryByParam="*". The
datagrid also has paging on. The page containing the user control is
sent a query string and the user control displays the results by the
query string. Everything caches fine and the header is dynamically
loaded each time. But the problem comes when I try to page through the
results. It seems that once it is cached, it doesn't fire the event
handler for the paging and instead gives me an error on the page. My
friend has a dropdown list and his choice in the dropdown list
automatically postbacks and displays the results with paging, but with
the same problem. Can anyone help?