User Control Events

Jose Rodriguez

I am running inito a strange problem. I created a default page that hosts 3
user controls: navbar, header and footer. Inside the default page I have a
panel where I dynamically load other user controls based on the clicks on
the navbar. The navbar has a delegate and it raises a custom event. The
default page is hooked to catch the custom event. It all works fine. The
problem is with one user control. The user control (Orders) has a grid. When
I click on a row I want to load another user control (OrderDetails) in its
place. I hooked it the same way as the navbar (delegate, event, raise event,
hook in the default). When I click on a row the Page_load in the default
hosting page is fired, then it get to the page_load of the Orders page. The
orders custom event page is fired but nothing happens. There is not a
postback and the default page is never aware of the event raised. I am not
sure if the page lifecycle is throwing a curve or if there are more issues I
am not aware of. Any suggestions/thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Jose