User Control within DataList/GridView

Discussion in '.NET' started by naomi, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. naomi

    naomi

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there,

    I have following problem:

    I created a user control (ascx) which I want to use within a datalist. I bind the the ascx properties as usual to the columns of the data source.

    I want the user to edit the data in the datalist, however, in the updatecommand event of the list when I try to access the values of the user control using it properties, I don't see them, I just see the the default values according to the property type. For example if I have in the user control a text box that should have a number and I have a property of type integer to read/write the value, in the UpdateCommand the value of the property is 0 and not what the user input. I tried few other events and all of them have the same problem. Obviously when I use text box directly it works fine.

    I wonder if you have any clue how to get around this one.

    Thanks

    Naomi

    naomi, Sep 19, 2006