Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I have following problem:

I created a user control (ascx) which I want to use within a datalist. I bind the the ascx properties as usual to the columns of the data source.

I want the user to edit the data in the datalist, however, in the updatecommand event of the list when I try to access the values of the user control using it properties, I don't see them, I just see the the default values according to the property type. For example if I have in the user control a text box that should have a number and I have a property of type integer to read/write the value, in the UpdateCommand the value of the property is 0 and not what the user input. I tried few other events and all of them have the same problem. Obviously when I use text box directly it works fine.

I wonder if you have any clue how to get around this one.

Thanks

Naomi