user controls

Mark

I'd like to build several reusable user controls. Each user control will
have a different set of text boxes for a form. Only one user control will
be on a page at a time. Based on the user's entry, the order of that the
user controls are displayed will change.

I see two options, but I'd like opinions on which is the more practical
method - perhaps there is an alternative:

1. Put the "submit" button on each user control. The user control (uc) then
magically communicates to the page the UC is on that the form was properly
processed, and that X should now happen.

2. Put the "submit" button the page, not on the user controls. The page
then magically communicates to the UC that the button was pushed, and then
the UC communicates back the page that Y should now happen.

Along those lines, should this be accomplished by handling events between
the page and the UC, or through properties of the UC? Again - just
searching for the most practical long term solution.

Thanks in advance.

mark