    css. In that case How? Or is there another better method.

    Hope you can help me.

    Eje

    Eje, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Eje wrote:
    > I am developing a webapplication for a company holding
    > stocks for a number of customer companies. The customers
    > can order parts via this new appliction. My application
    > is linked to each of the customers' home pages. I want
    > each user to 'believe' he still is in his company's pages
    > by changing logo and i.e. backcolor depending on company.
    > A person from company A will see his company's logo and
    > colors and a person from company B will simultanously see
    > his company's logo and colors. Can I achieve this with
    > css. In that case How? Or is there another better method.

    It is certainly possible to do this:

    <LINK REL="stylesheet"
    TYPE="text/css"
    HREF="myCSS.asp?Company=A">

    Your script could either assign the CSS on the fly or redirect to a static
    version:

    [JScript example of redirection]
    switch(Request.QueryString("Company").Item) {
    case "A" : Response.Redirect("Company_A.css"); break
    default : Response.Redirect("Default.css")

    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Eje

    John Guest

    I presume every company have a ID, i use for my application the VAT number.
    I a folder a place all the .css files and when starting the application i
    load the corresponding filename into a session variable and then use it in
    every page as below

    Response.Write "<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=" &
    session("css") & ">" & vbCrLf

    John, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Eje

    John Guest

    Exemple
    company 1 : vat nr 123456789, the css file is /css/123456789.css
    company 2 : vat nr 826242656, the css file is /css/826242656.css

    so the session variable will be for the second company: /css/826242656.css

    John, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Eje

    Guest Guest

    John and Dave,

    Thanks for your help. I understand the meaning and will
    use your suggestions.

    Eje

    Guest, Oct 6, 2004