User preload to execute a script on the sever side

misdst23

Hi,

I would like to use the preload feature to transmit data from the
client to the server. I use the SRC attribute of the image to compose
the URL and transmit the info. How can i do this?
Any sample code ?

Randy Webb

misdst23 said the following on 8/30/2006 4:42 PM:
Hi,

I would like to use the preload feature to transmit data from the
client to the server.

"preload feature"?
I use the SRC attribute of the image to compose
the URL and transmit the info.
OK.

How can i do this?

Now you confused me. You say you use the SRC Attribute to do it, then
ask how to do it?
Any sample code ?

What exactly are you trying to do?

misdst23

I am trying to get javascript to transmit a string to the server using
the image preload technique. But I need some sample code showing how
this is done. I do know that I have to set the SRC attribute to the URL
that recieves the request and pass the string as a parameter. But I
don't know what to do on the server .

Randy Webb

misdst23 said the following on 8/31/2006 9:35 AM:
I am trying to get javascript to transmit a string to the server using
the image preload technique.

Yes, and you said you were already doing that. Was that incorrect?
But I need some sample code showing how this is done.

Ahh, the joys of not reading the FAQ. This very topic is covered.

Also, read the pertinent sections that deal with top-posting in this group.
I do know that I have to set the SRC attribute to the URL
that recieves the request and pass the string as a parameter. But I
don't know what to do on the server .

You are asking in a client-side scripting group how to process data on
the server?

What server side language do you have available? Then, find a group that
is dedicated to that language.