User validates to local server when NTLM authentication is used andbrowser is firefox

Buddy Ackerman

If my web site is setup for NTLM authentication and the user is using IE the context.user.identity.name property is the
domain user that is currently logged into the local client workstation. Wehen the user is using FireFox the user is
presented with a login dialog box and that login info is validated against the web servers local user name list and not
the doamin username list. How do I get it to authenticate to the domain when using non-IE browsers?

--Buddy

Brad

If you need windows auth in firefox do the following: open firefox browse to
url "about:config" find "network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trused-uris" in the
list. Modify the value and enter in your intranet sites that you must pass
your username and password to. For some site i connect to i also had to add
values to: "network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris"
"network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris"

Comma delimited for multiple domains in
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trused-uris