UserControl on IE. Delete from browser cache

ms

I have a Windows User control hosted on IE it works great, I can tested
on my machine with VS.net, I upload it to my production server with no
problems, and it works as well, but when I upload a new version of the
control i'm having trouble seeing the new version, I delete files from
internet (internet options - General Tab), I even search for the
control's name on my local machine and delete all files I find, but I
still get the old version, after a lot of tries I eventually get the
new version but I haven't figured out what I need to do in order to get
the new version.

It's ok for controls to get cached on IE, but if I keep updating the
control I need for users to see the new version.

1)What do I have to do to clear control out of cache so new version
gets downloaded
2)Is there a way to indicate to explorer that a new version of the
control is available so it downloads it instead of using cached version

Thanks in advance,

Jose Suero

Jose

JosepM

I think you have to clear the global assembly cache.

To clear it, open a command prompt, point to the
%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 directory and enter "GACutil
/cdl".

Hope this works,

ms

Thanks a lot, I'll try that, that might fix the first part of my
question, is there a way to put something on the controler or the site,
that forces IE to download a new version???