usercontrol's viewstate problem

CreativeMind

hi,
I hav a page 'advancesearch' which has two controls basicsearch.ascx
and pager.ascx. On the basic search, i hav a link which simply opens
the advancesearch page and a button btnbasicsearch which gets input
and posts to advancesearch.aspx, which shows the results of search and
pager shows pages.it's fine so far.. now i have a link with labeled
( showall(500)results) which works fine , and control pager.ascx works
well. I've a button btnadvancesearch on advancesearch page.which
processes the inputs and shows the result in datalist. problem is when
i click on btnadvancesearch, it shows no pager contol. what needs to
be correct. btw, the pager creates numbers as link and gets list and
datasource to bind.
thx

Patrik

What is happening when you press btnbasicsearch vs btnadvancedsearch?

Are they booth postbacks to the same page?

Are your events setup correctly?
What if you add a button with runat="server" and press that. What
happens?

Maybe you are doing something in the click-event for btnbasicsearch
that you don't do in the btnadvancedsearch event?

///Patrik