Usign an OCX in an ASP .NET page

Jerry Camel

I am writing an application that needs to access a USB card reader. I have
an .OCX that can interract with the reader, but I don't know how to use that
in an ASP .NET page. There is an event that gets triggered in the OCX when
a card is swiped. Then I need to get that info into certain text boxes on
the asp page.

Can anyone point me to some documentation that'll show me how to accomplish
this? Thanks.

Jerry

Jerry Camel

Thanks, Steve... That's got a bit of what I need, I suppose. But I'm new
to web stuff, so I'm still missing some details of how to make this work.

It looks like the code from that page is a web control that generates some
pretty basic HTML to instantiate the control... But how are the properties
of the control changed at run time on the client's side? And how can you
respond to events that the control triggeres on the client side?

And finally, how do you set it up so that the OCX is downloaded
automatically if the user doesn't have it on their system?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry Camel

This looks like some cool stuff... But I don't see info on using it in a
web app. I'm kinda new to web coding so maybe I'm thinking I need something
there that I really don't?