Using a custom character as the bullet in a BulletedList

Nathan Sokalski

I am creating a BulletedList and would like to use a - as the bullet.
However, I could not find a way to do this using the properties for the
BulletedList control. Is there a way to use a specific character for the
bullet without manually adding it to each ListItem? Thanks.

marss

Nathan said:
I am creating a BulletedList and would like to use a - as the bullet.
However, I could not find a way to do this using the properties for the
BulletedList control. Is there a way to use a specific character for the
bullet without manually adding it to each ListItem? Thanks.

If you want to use the same character for the all list items you can
create an image with this character and set the bullet style to
"CustomImage".
... BulletImageUrl="~/char_a.gif" BulletStyle="CustomImage" ..

Nathan Sokalski

I thought about that, but that is not only extra processing, but it
increases the size of the download necessary for the user. It also adds the
extra task, which is probably the part that I dislike the most about it, of
determining the appropriate size of the graphic when generating it.