using ant to add windows registry file

Andrew Thompson

rynox said:
Is there a command in Ant to add in a windows registry file ?

Your request 'can Ant read JS[1]' (or words to that effect)
followed by 'how can Ant edit the registry[2]' prompts me
to ask
- what the heck you are trying to achieve? And..
- why are you trying to (mis-)apply Ant to do this?

[1] What does a browser scripting language have to
do with a development oriented build tool?

[2] Same question, but starting with '..a very OS
specific functionality..'

Roedy Green

Is there a command in Ant to add in a windows registry file ?

NO. ANT is a multiplatform tool. The registry is a very
Windows-specific thing. The whole point of putting up with ANT's
klutziness is to get a multiplatform build.

That said, ANT does allow you to write your own tasks or exec. So you
could violate the spirit of ANT that way.