Using ASP to create a dynamic XML document

Jon Westmore

I've been trying to use a combination of ASP and Infopath to display a
dynamic form for users to fill out. I have some ASP code that generates a
dynamic XML document and the document points to the Infopath application to
display the output. However, Internet Explorer is making slight
modifications to the output and its keeping Infopath from launching so that
the document can be viewed.

In my code, the first XML tag generated is typed as so:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

However, when I view the source after the page is generated in the browser,
the same tag looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Notice the space after the last quotation mark. This space only appears in
the first XML tag. The rest are okay. Because of that space, the browser
doesn't recognize the tag and therefore won't initiate Infopath to view the
document. Anyone have any ideas how this space gets there and how to get
rid of it? I'm using IE 6.0 SP2

Thanks,
Jon

Kevin Spencer

It might be good to read the replies from your first post before posting
again. You will find the replies in the same thread as your first post.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Jon Westmore

Well, the problem was that I submitted the first post by mistake. The
second post contains the actual problem.

Kevin Spencer

Well, Jon, you will STILL find my reply in the same thread as your first
post. And it is still the same.