Using Boost Graph Library to create very large graph

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Almoni, Jan 17, 2010.

  1. Almoni

    Almoni

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hello,
    I will very appreciate if you could help me with this one….

    I am trying to create a graph with Boost using adjacency_list…..
    The graph is representing real road network (junctions and streets) and have ~150000 vertices and ~300000 edges…
    I have a txt file containing this network connections… It look like this:
    1,2 (means 1 connected with 2)
    2,3 (means 2 connected with 3)
    2,4 etc…
    3,5

    so I read it line by line and in parallel add edge , with add_edge function…
    while (not EOF)
    {
    add_edge(i,j)
    }

    The problem is that it takes more than two days (48 hours !) just to build this graph…
    Obviously, it is not reasonable, especially if I want to make some minor change and re-run my application again…

    Can you please suggest me, is it any other faster way to create such large graph ?
    What am I doing wrong ?
    Or may be – it just works this way…. ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Arik