Using C++ to send and read data to/from USB port

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Ardni, Jun 21, 2009.

  1. Ardni

    Ardni

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    I want to write a program which can send and receive data to and from a USB port. I need to write a program that can communicate with an Arduino board.

    I have some experience using C to write and read data to and from a serial port, but from googling a little, I believe that it is a little more complex with USB.

    Can someone give me tips on where I can begin. Can I access directly the USB port by writing C++ code or do I need to use other libraries?

    As in the case of a serial port, it has an address which could be addressed in a C program, is USB similar to this appraoch or completely different.

    I have downloaded Dev-C++ to do this project and am using XP.

    Thanks for any advice

    Ardni, Jun 21, 2009