Using Data Application block

Philip Townsend

I am in the process of converting some web apps to implement the ADO
application block. I have a copy the the applications on a local
development server, in which I have successfully installed and
referenced the application block classes. From this point the app goes
to a staging server, in which I do not have access to anything but the
virtual directory that the application is installed. My question: If a
system administrator runs the DataAccessApplicationBlock.msi file from
Microsoft, and my local project is compiled when I copy it up to the
staging server, will the references still be included on the staging
server? In other words, when the .msi file is run on the staging server,
will my local app need to be reconfigured in any way to maintain the
same reference to the applicaion block classes? Thanks...

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

All you should have to do is copy up the assembly into the /bin
directory of your Web application, and everything should work smoothly.
No need to have the staging server guys run the MSI file...

(All the MSI file does, afterall, is install the code and quickstart
examples...)

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)

David Jessee

Side note....
By default, when you do a build through Visual Studio, the references are
copied into your bin directly automatically.