Using <ins> with a future datetime

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Kris, Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Kris

    Kris Guest

    I am contemplating the pros and cons of using <ins> markup with a value
    for the datetime attribute that lies in the future. Should I use such
    markup? It concerns an index (list) of links to chapters in a long
    article of which I will publish chapters over a period of time.

    While normally one would leave out content that leads to nowhere, here
    it serves the purpose of indicating how long the total article will be
    and how separate (already published) chapters fit in with chapters still
    to come.

    Of course I like to markup my document properly, my main reason to ask
    my question. But I was originally looking for a handle for my CSS to
    present the future chapters 'grayed out'.

    Thanks in advance for any insights.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)