    file/database and then manually kick off the python process, but
    ideally I would like this as automated as possible.

    Thanks in advance.

    KB, Jan 20, 2010

  2. KB

    Kurt Smith Guest

    On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, KB <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have an application that only publishes a Java API. I can use jython
    > to access java classes, but jython currently (to the best of my
    > knowledge) does not support numpy/scipy.
    >
    > Ideally I would like to have jython call a "native" python routine
    > where I have the numpy/scipy procedures already written.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible?

    I have no experience with these technologies, and others can point you
    to more detailed info, but you could try using XML-RPC (see the docs
    for the xmlrpclib module in the standard library) or SOAP (Google it).

    These would be better than rolling your own.

    Perhaps there's a more Pythonic solution though?

    Kurt

    Kurt Smith, Jan 20, 2010

  3. KB

    KB Guest

    Hmmm, XML is an interesting angle... I'll noodle it...

    KB, Jan 20, 2010
  4. On Jan 20, 10:32 am, KB <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have an application that only publishes a Java API. I can use jython
    > to access java classes, but jython currently (to the best of my
    > knowledge) does not support numpy/scipy.
    >
    > Ideally I would like to have jython call a "native" python routine
    > where I have the numpy/scipy procedures already written.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible?
    >
    > I had toyed with the idea of having jython/java write the data to a
    > file/database and then manually kick off the python process, but
    > ideally I would like this as automated as possible.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You might want to take a look at the SIMPL toolkit (http://
    www.icanprogram.com/simpl). It sports both JAVA and Python hooks so
    you should be able to pump the data from your JAVA module to a Python/
    numpy/scipy module.

    bob

    bobicanprogram, Jan 21, 2010