Using log4j with Tomcat 4.1.30 problems with log4j.properties

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rodolfo, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Rodolfo

    Rodolfo Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using log4j with 4.1.30, the log4j.properties i´m using is derived
    from the example of the manual, but I have problems in initiliazation.
    The file is :

    log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
    log4j.appender.A1.File=d:/Tomcat41/webapps/vicy/log/vicy.log

    # Control the maximum log file size
    log4j.appender.A1.MaxFileSize=10000KB
    # Archive log files (one backup file here)
    log4j.appender.A1.MaxBackupIndex=1

    #log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
    log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %c - %m%n

    log4j.logger.es.cyii=debug, A1
    log4j.additivity.es.cyii=false

    Could somebody say which is the problem or send me a correct
    log4j.properties for initilize log4j to write a file.

    Thanks in advance

    Rodolfo

    Rodolfo, Jul 12, 2004