using map item without assigning onw first?

Gernot Frisch

Can I do this:

std::map<long, std::vector<long>> snapmap;
long i=4, j=0;
snapmap[j].push_back(i);

--
-Gernot
int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do
www.GLBasic.com

John Harrison

Gernot Frisch said:
Can I do this:

std::map<long, std::vector<long>> snapmap;
long i=4, j=0;
snapmap[j].push_back(i);

Yes, using snapmap[j] will create a map entry using the default constructor
for std::vector<long>. You then push back i onto that empty vector.

john