Using MS's IE MultiPage and TabStrip on public websites

Stephen Miller

Has anyone had any browser compatibility issues using Microsoft's IE
MultiPage and TabStrip
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/webcontrols/webcontrols_entry.asp)
in their web projects? I think the controls are built specifically for
IE 5.5+ and use a lot of XML to render content. Does it render OK in
Netscape, Mozilla, Opera etc? What about IE 5.5+ on a Mac? Is it a
sensible use of technology on publicly accessible websites?

Thanks,

Stephen

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

Given the statements made on that MSDN page, it sounds like these controls
automatically offer a "downlevel" experience on older browsers. Thus, they
should be safe to use in the manner you describe.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager