using multiple xml sources but getting too much output via xsl.

bouton

I am trying to 'union' multiple xml files into one html table with only
a few of the many fields/elements displayed using xsl.

I have index.xml which lists the documents, all of which validate with
the same .xsd

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<title>My List</title>
<entry>1111</entry>
<entry>2222</entry>
<entry>3333</entry>

the xsl file is this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:eek:utput method="html"/>
<xsl:template match="index">
<head>
<title><xsl:value-of select="title"/></title>
</head>
<th colspan="13"><xsl:value-of select="title"/></th>
<th>local name</th>
<th>Scheme</th>

<xsl:apply-templates/>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="entry">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Information/localName">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="scheme">
select="//Configuration/Properties//scheme"/></td>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I get the table I expect/want - but above it I get a complete listing
of the ALL the xml unformatted.

I know its probably a misplaced apply-template - but I can't figure it
out.
Suggestions?
thanks