Using Object tag instead of Applet tag why?

Sanny

I read at a few places on net to use "Object" tag instead of "Applet" tag.

Why? What is the disadvantage of using Applet tag?

I have a game which I publish as below

<applet code="My...Game.class" width="800" height="600" archive="Fight...game.jar" codebase="http://www.getclub.com/.../enjoygame/">
Game applet
</applet>

What will be the Syntax to use when using the Object Tag?

Will I be able to pass parameters as-well?

Will Object tag works on all Browser?

There is one Embed Tag also whats difference between Embed Tag & Object Tag. Which one is best.

I want some way for the tag to download the required java plugin directly in browsers not having java.

Can I specify something it tag So that the Java JVM is automatically downloaded?

I am having a Java program not using jar file. I have a few images in it.

Currently I load the program and call each image.

Can I collect all images in a zip/ jar file and call each?

How to add a flash screen that shows download status while images are downloaded from jar file while the applet is loading?

Bye
Sanny

Wandering in Java Forest
Play Fireman Shooting Game
http://www.getclub.com/Fireman.html

Lew

Sanny said:
[...]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Java+applet+tag+object

Arne Vajhøj

I read at a few places on net to use "Object" tag instead of "Applet" tag.

Why? What is the disadvantage of using Applet tag?

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.4

APPLET is deprecated (with all its attributes) in favor of OBJECT.
I have a game which I publish as below

<applet code="My...Game.class" width="800" height="600" archive="Fight...game.jar" codebase="http://www.getclub.com/.../enjoygame/">
Game applet
</applet>

What will be the Syntax to use when using the Object Tag?

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.3

More details at:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/using_tags.html
Will I be able to pass parameters as-well?
Yes.

Will Object tag works on all Browser?

All relevant.
There is one Embed Tag also whats difference between Embed Tag & Object Tag. Which one is best.

embed tag is new in HTML 5.

As there are still browsers out there not understanding HTML 5 then I
will suggest using object tag.
I want some way for the tag to download the required java plugin directly in browsers not having java.

The object tag can do that.

See previous link or the newer (but still old):

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/using_tags.html

But have you considered using Java Web Start? That will give you much
better control!

Arne