    missing from my code. I should point out that this is my first attempt
    at a full-blown C++ program.
    Thanks.

    Rocky, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Rocky

    Tim Slattery Guest

    (Rocky) wrote:

    >I'm am attempting to make use of some functions in a 16-bit
    >proprietary object library, with a 32-bit C++ program. When I link the
    >proprietary object with my object code I get an error message along
    >the line 'unsupported 16 bit segment(s) in module, with the module
    >name'. I what I am trying to do impossible or have I got something
    >missing from my code. I should point out that this is my first attempt
    >at a full-blown C++ program.

    It's not really a C++ issue, but you cannot simply jump from 32-bit to
    16-bit code. You must switch the processor into 16-bit mode (called
    "thunking"), then switch back to 32-bit mode to return to the caller.
    This is not a simple thing to do. It's also well outside the scope of
    this group.

    --
    Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Rocky wrote:

    > I'm am attempting to make use of some functions in a 16-bit
    > proprietary object library, with a 32-bit C++ program. When I link the
    > proprietary object with my object code I get an error message along
    > the line 'unsupported 16 bit segment(s) in module, with the module
    > name'. I what I am trying to do impossible or have I got something
    > missing from my code. I should point out that this is my first attempt
    > at a full-blown C++ program.
    > Thanks.

    Libraries are a platform or compiler specific issue and best
    discussed in a newsgroup about your compiler or platform.

    Reading the FAQ and welcome.txt (see signature) first before
    posting is always a good idea.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: