Using ScanLine

the G

I'm trying to create an asp page for Scanline from Foundstone
(http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm...m&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/scanline.htm)
with the asp below. (for our network monitoring site)

sl.exe starts on the web server processor goes to 50% but just hangs there.
The asp page then eventually times out.
(I have to kill the sl.exe process on the server)

Any ideas where I'm going wrong....

[-------------code---------------]

Dim wshShell
Dim oResult

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oResult = wshShell.Exec("sl -nsr "&startaddress&"-"&endaddress)

Do Until oResult.StdOut.AtEndOfStream
oline=oResult.StdOut.Readline&"<br>"
response.write oline
Loop

Set oResult = Nothing
Set wshShell=Nothing

Many Thanks

the G

Does anyone know of any (free) asp apps that can scan a subnet?
I've written on using Alex Angelopoulos/Torgeir Bakken IsConnectible in a
loop, but this times out on larger subnets (even a class C).

Thanks