Using STL on SGI

Discussion in 'C++' started by Abhishek, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. Abhishek

    Abhishek Guest

    Hi,

    I have an OLD C++ application that I am trying to port using the
    new C++ STL (standard library template) across several platforms.
    While I have been succcessful in building the application on several
    platforms, I have not been able to successfully build it on IRIX
    (SGI). I even tried to compile it using the option -LANG:std and the
    define _STLP_USE_OWN_NAMESPACE. But I still get the error. The most
    common error is -
    cc-1070 CC: ERROR File = ../h/valimpl.h, Line = 153
    The indicated type is incomplete.

    ITTypeInfo typeinfo;

    Anyone has any clues as to how to resolve this? I am on SGI, using CC
    compiler version "MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.3.1.3m" .

    Any help on this will be very much appreciated.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Abhi
    Abhishek, Oct 31, 2004